Steps to register for IELTS
1. Complete the application form online for IELTS for UKVI and regular IELTS Academic & General.
2. Check the closing date.
3. Read the information and ask any questions you have.
4. Note that we are offering the Regular IELTS Academic & General Test and IELTS FOR UKVI (Academic, General, Life Skill A1 & Life Skill B1) Test. Please make sure you read and understand the difference between the Regular Academic & General from the UKVI and Life Skill Test. Registration portal for UKVI application http://www.britishcouncil.sl/exam/ielts-uk-visa-immigration Regular IELTS registration portal https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/sierraleone
5. Check that your passport is up to date because you will need it to register and on the test dates. If you are not using a passport as your ID, check that your national ID card is up to date but remember that only Sierra Leone nationals are entitle to use their national ID. Get a photocopy made.
6. Take the Non Refundable fee of SLL 1.827M (One Million Eight Hundred and Twenty Seven Thousand Leones) for UKVI Academic & General test, SLL 1.5M (One Million Five Hundred Thousand Leones) for Standard IELTS Academic & General test and SLL 1.370M (One Million Three Hundred and Thirty Seven Thousand Leones) for Life Skill A1 & B1 Test to Standard Chartered Bank Lightfoot Boston Street and pay into the British Council account 0100100001600. Please note that you should ONLY complete the preferred date of test box on the online Application form. Spaces are limited and it is on a first come first serve basis
7. Write your reference number on the deposit slip; bring the deposit slip and copy of passport (or ID) to the British Council. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
8. Collect a receipt after you deposit the payment slip
9. The British Council will send you written confirmation of the date and time of your tests by email. Make sure your correct email address is on the online form. The speaking test will take place between one and two days before or after the main test date.
10. Once you have paid and registered for the IELTS tests you are welcome to join the British Council internet Centre by subscribing for monthly membership to access preparation materials that are on line. You will need to pay a monthly fee of Le 60,000.Members have access to the computers on a first-come first served basis and should not exceed two hours of use on any one occasion. A range of online preparation materials are available on the following British Council website: www.britishcouncil.sl, http://www.britishcouncil.org/greece-exams-ielts-preparing-for-ielts.htm and www.britishcouncil.org/takeielts. Also www.examenglish.com
11. If you do not receive written confirmation of your test please contact us.