The British Council has been established in Sierra Leone since 1943 under a technical co-operation agreement with the Government of Sierra Leone.
Operating out of Freetown, our experienced and diverse team work principally in the areas of education, youth society and good governance. They help to connect people in Sierra Leone with people in the UK and beyond.
Our team members include:
- Simon Ingram-Hill, Country Director
- Michael Dennis, Programme Manager
- Mariama Sambo, Finance & Resources Manager (currently on maternity leave)
- Rosetta Esther Hazeley, Finance & Resources Manager (maternity cover)
- Alhaji Alhassan Sesay, Customer Service Assistant
- Umaru Fofanah, Project Delivery Coordinator
- Abubakarr Fansco Kamara, Finance Assistant
- Isaac Kargbo, Facilities Assistant
- Avril Macfoy, Exams Service Coordinator
- Althea Palmer, EU Grant Manager
- Albert Thompson, Driver
Contact us to speak to a member of the team and to find out more about the services that we provide.