Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||SLE 4000||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training – in centre (paper or computer)||SLE 4000||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||SLE 4325||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||SLE 4325||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||SLE 2415||Find a test date|
What you need to book:
- Include your correct email address to enable you to receive key information about your test.
- Please note that candidates will not be allowed to take the test without the original ID document. The ID document should be Passport/ National ID issued by the National Identification Authority for Sierra Leoneans. Student ID, Voters ID, NASSIT ID, Work ID and driver’s license will not be accepted. The ID document is strictly a valid Passport for non-Sierra Leoneans. Any other identity document will not be accepted. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test-takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can now pay for your test through our online registration system (Credit card/Debit card). Click here to access FAQs for online payments.
- Once you have made the payment, expect a payment confirmation immediately via email. We will also confirm your test registration within 48 hours after payment. Please contact us on email@example.com if you do not receive a registration confirmation within 48 hours.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS WordReady.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.